|As the Software Development Manager you will be located at our Head Office in Johannesburg and be reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
In this position you will play a pivotal role in product development and management of projects through to completion. You will be required to analyze, design and develop new software modules and enhancements to existing software.
This role entails managing the development project from initial design through to testing and release while providing strategic management direction.
- Minimum 5 years experience in developing software
- Minimum 5 years project management experience
- Minimum 5 years leadership and mentoring experience
As Software Development Manager you will perform the following functions:
- Exercising independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress
- Designing, developing and modifying software, including prototypes
- Researching product development options and providing analysis for product direction
- Consulting with internal departments to identify customer needs and including these into project objectives
- Providing support regarding product development to internal departments
- Managing and directing members of the software development team
- Evaluating team members individual performance
- Setting expectations and goals for the department
- Training of team members
- Creating related management documentation
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Non-negotiable is a BSc, BIS, BCom or BEng degree in related field
- Technical Capacity
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Able to work efficiently under tight deadlines and meet requirements
- Managed large business backend applications development such as ERP, CRM
- Experience in Agile environment (Scrum Master)
This position manages all employees of the department as well as outcomes, and is responsible for the performance management, discipline and hiring of the employees within that department.
If you did not receive a reply to your application with three weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
Job Type: Permanent
- Software Project Management: 5 years
- Managing software development: 5 years
- Mentoring juniors: 2 years